The AMS Performance team has gone the extra mile to develop innovative new solutions to problems found when adding forced induction to the 5.2 FSI V10 engine found in the R8 and Huracan. One of the first problems we needed to solve when developing our twin turbo V10 program was the possibility for the OEM plastic intake manifold to fail, due to the now positive air pressure within the manifold after turbocharging. To solve this, we designed the AMS Performance Alpha V10 Intake Manifold to be capable of handling any amount of boost you can throw at it.
- 6061 T6 billet aluminum construction for reliability and corrosion resistance
- Thousands of powder coated or anodized colors and finishes available
- Each piece can be individually colored for limitless design options
- Raised billet aluminum velocity stacks for improved airflow
- Fully compatible with our AMS Intake Manifold Sealing Ring Kit
- Twin ports to run dual MAP sensors for MoTeC or Syvecs systems
- Easy install and no additional hardware needed
- Nitrile coated aluminum assembly and throttle body gaskets
- Works with OEM or AMS fuel rails
ENGINEERED TO WIN
AMS SnailWorks© Engineering Team has spent countless R&D hours painstakingly designing the AMS Performance Alpha V10 Intake Manifold via Solidworks© Computer Aided Design (CAD) software and modeling via Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis. Focusing on component design and materials selection is crucial, and is why we have utilized top tier materials as the foundation of the AMS Performance Alpha V10 Intake Manifold. Manufactured from billet 6061 T6 aluminum, this intake manifold is precision CNC machined for a perfect fit before adding your preferred color and finish from our custom shop.
Proper function of the plenum is extremely important to the performance of any intake manifold. In the case of the R8 & Huracan, there are two plenums – one for each engine bank. Not only should they be sized correctly for proper volume, they provide even more benefits when shaped in such a way that distributes charged air evenly amongst each of the precisely machined CNC aluminum velocity stacks leading into the runners. Both billet aluminum plenums are shaped and tapered to channel charged air effectively – reducing turbulence and accelerating the delivery of charged air to the engine.
THE DIFFERENCE IS IN THE DETAILS
For the past 20 years, AMS Performance has been working directly with high powered turbocharged vehicles which has given us the experience necessary to futureproof and add modularity to our products, and the AMS Alpha V10 Intake Manifold is no exception. Designed for usage with the OEM fuel rails, or for our AMS fuel rails once they become available, this intake manifold will allow for fueling capabilities from mild to wild. Also included with our manifold are numerous AN ORB fittings of various sizes to allow for fitting with factory lines or plumbing your own vacuum lines.
Designed with boosted applications in mind, the AMS V10 Billet Intake Manifold has provisions for systems not found in the naturally aspirated V10 engine in the Audi R8 and the Lamborghini Huracan. Included in the manifold are two additional ports which can be used for adding dual Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensors to your build. This is especially useful when running Syvecs or MoTeC engine management systems that can fully utilize these dual MAP sensor inputs to precisely measure and control boost levels.
AMS SnailWorks© engineers went the extra mile by incorporating raised velocity stacks into their design. By raising the runner inlets above the floor of the plenums, it alleviates the potential for unnecessary airflow turbulence found in other aftermarket manifolds.
CHOOSE AN ANODIZED OR POWDER COATED COLOR FINISH
Choose from a stunning array of anodized or powder coated finishes, to give your engine bay that added custom touch! 15 anodized colors and thousands of powder coating colors are available, with various matte, textured and gloss finishes.
As each runner, plenum, velocity stack of the manifold is an individual component, we can even color each piece of the same manifold a different color as part of our special order process. A rainbow of colors is possible on a single intake manifold and the only limit is your imagination! Whether you mix and match colors, or opt for a classic single color look, we can design your manifold to be as unique as you are.
With so many color choices it can be quite overwhelming to decide, which is why our custom shop team is ready to help walk you through the process. Get in contact with us here and we can help find the perfect color for you!
- Fully Assembled CNC Machined 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum Intake Manifold
- (Optional) Anodized or Powder Coated Finish
- Nitrile Coated Aluminum Throttle Body Gaskets
- -8AN ORB to Barb Fittings (Qty. 2)
- -6AN ORB to Barb Fittings (Qty. 2)
- -4AN ORB to Barb Fittings (Qty. 3)
- -4AN ORB Plugs (Qty. 2)
- Online Installation Instructions
- 2017-Current Audi R8 (Gen 2)
- 2015-Current Lamborghini Huracan
- Upper to lower runner rings are available separately, or come included with the Alpha V10 Twin Turbo Kit.
- While other fuel rail kits may work, AMS can only guarantee stock or AMS fuel rails to be compatible with this intake manifold.
- Custom color anodizing or powder coating can add as much as 4 weeks to your build time. Expedited service is available in most cases.